Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

Ever since Healthnet has stepped in for Tricare, it's been a mess. While UHC had issues, we were always able to find a PCM, access a directory that was updated and had no real issues with customer service.

Since January, I have had a slew of issues with HealthNet that felt like a big nightmare.

1. First, I was dropped from Prime even though we never made any changes and even sent in a recurring payment form to continue service (back in December). Calling them to get this fixed took over a month and hours wasted with people who had no idea what they were talking about. Their customer service reps are the worse trained employees I've ever dealt with. Not only don't they know anything, some of them are just plain rude with no customer service skills. I had a couple hang up on me.

2. The directory is out of date even though it states that it was recently updated. I actually printed out a list of PCMs listed for my area, and out of the 75 or so, I couldn't find one that was not out of the state, out of the network or told me that were specialists, not PCMs. To this date, I still don't have a PCM that's not less than 100 miles away.

3. Service Costs that are totally ambiguous. They list costs and co-payments on their website but these are so general and not always accurate. Where can one find a document with the costs and fine prints? I went in for a wellness checkup that was supposed to be "preventive" and free, but got a bill for almost $200. When I called to understand why, the rep couldn't explain the reason and ended up screaming at me and getting very personal. She said that I was charged because my doctor didn't withdraw blood for me in her office; instead I went to a lab. What???

I'm at a point where I don't even know what to do. I'm in need of a doctor now, but I'm afraid of going for fear of being charged without understanding the reason behind it. I can't even find one that's in-network.

I can't believe that veterans are treated like crap. My husband got disabled from Iraq and he can't even find a PCM right now. Awful.

The government is who's to blame. They tried to lowball the veterans by choosing Healthnet as a provider - they picked "cheap" over quality and left veterans in chaos and pain and without care. SHAME ON YOU!

Review about: Tricare Customer Care.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Lack of doctors, Poor customer service, Out of date directory, Online system does not work, Billing is ambiguous.

Comments

Soldiers...Reserve Soldiers are drawn to Tri Care Reserve select, because of the price for the coverage...$299 for myself, my wife, and my son. I had them for 2.5 years...called them (over) ten times to re-set up recurring payments, was dropped twice because of recurring payments, they don't work well with Credit Union auto with-drawls, ....

in a nutshell, found out they really aren't very good.Decided in December 2017, to just spend the $$ and go through my employer.Paying $725 per month for myself and my son, vs the $299 I was paying with Tri Care for entire family. Now have peace of mind with health care coverage.